NEW YORK (JANUARY 26, 2022.) — Alton Aviation Consultancy, the specialist global aviation advisory firm, is well-positioned for continued growth in 2022, building upon a highly successful 2021.
In 2021, Alton continued to support its clients in navigating the Covid-19 pandemic amid prolonged uncertainty. Demand for Alton’s advisory services continued to grow across all segments of the aviation value chain that the firm consults in, including restructuring, fleet planning, aviation finance, business & general aviation, air cargo, and maintenance, repair, and overhaul. The firm successfully completed over 90 engagements during the year, many for repeat clients across both operating businesses and equity and debt investors.
Selected highlights from 2021 include:
- Continued growth of its advisory team, onboarding 12 new team members
- Served as commercial due diligence advisor for global investment firm KKR in its US$4.8B acquisition of business and general aviation fixed base operator Atlantic Aviation from Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation
- Selected by U.S. Trade and Development Agency and MRO Aerojet Aviation as the lead advisor for a feasibility study supporting the development of a state-of-the-art aircraft maintenance operation in Ghana
- Served as aviation advisor to multiple secured lender groups in connection with the restructuring of a major aircraft operating lessor
- ‘M&A Deal of the Year’ award by Airfinance Journal received for Bain Capital’s acquisition and restructuring of Virgin Australia in the prior year, where Alton served as fleet due diligence and restructuring advisor
- Published a series of white papers on The Rise of Advanced Air Mobility, outlining the anticipated costs and infrastructure needs from industry stakeholders
- Strengthened the ranks of its executive team by: promoting Adam Guthorn to Managing Director in Alton’s New York office; adding Umang Gupta, previously with United Airlines and JetBlue, to lead its airline advisory practice; adding Raffi Kasparian to open Alton’s newest office in Dubai, UAE; and adding Christopher Sherman, previously with Pratt & Whitney, to grow the transaction advisory practice.
Adam Cowburn, Managing Director in Alton’s Hong Kong office, says: “It is a privilege to support our clients on their most critical decisions as they continue to navigate the challenges of the pandemic and chart their strategies post-pandemic. We’re also looking to the future with the formal establishment of our new Technology and Mobility practice. The new offering builds on our existing work providing key stakeholders in Advanced Air Mobility strategic advice and insight as they drive next generation innovation in aviation technology.”
In 2021, Alton also continued its commitment to the Pledge 1% philanthropic movement, donating 1% of revenue to a range of charitable causes including Orbis 40-day Race4Sight challenge, running, walking and cycling over 1,160km to support the charity in its efforts to treat and prevent avoidable blindness worldwide.
John Mowry, Managing Director in Alton’s New York office, adds: “As 2022 is expected to show continued signs of recovery across a wider portion of the aviation industry, seasoned expertise from pre-eminent advisors with global perspective will continue to bring significant value to our clients. We’re extremely pleased to have been entrusted on a repeat basis by many and look forward to further expanding our team and offering to provide additional support in the years ahead.”
For further press information, and interview requests:
Ali Gibson / Jane Lindsay
T: +44 (0)20 7664 6310
About Alton Aviation Consultancy
Alton Aviation Consultancy is a global advisory firm serving the aviation and aerospace industries. The firm was founded by veteran aviation industry executives, globally recognized for their thought leadership, quantitative analytics, and innovative solution development. The firm offers full value chain coverage with clients including airlines, manufacturers, MRO and aftermarket service providers, lessors and the broader financial and investment community.
With offices in New York, Dublin, Dubai, Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo, and Singapore, Alton’s diverse team of professional advisors bring a global perspective with deep regional expertise across the entire aviation value chain to its client engagements. Typical client engagements include strategy and business plan development, operational performance improvement, restructuring, and transaction support.