Alton well-positioned for continued growth in 2022
NEW YORK (JANUARY 26, 2022.) ? Alton Aviation Consultancy, the specialist global aviation advisory firm, is well-positioned for continued growth in 2022, building upon a highly successful 2021.
In 2021, Alton continued to support its clients in navigating the Covid-19 pandemic amid prolonged uncertainty. Demand for Alton?s advisory services continued to grow across all segments of the aviation value chain that the firm consults in, including restructuring, fleet planning, aviation finance, business & general aviation, air cargo, and maintenance, repair, and overhaul. The firm successfully completed over 90 engagements during the year, many for repeat clients across both operating businesses and equity and debt investors.
Selected highlights from 2021 include:
- Continued growth of its advisory team, onboarding 12 new team members
- Served as commercial due diligence advisor for global investment firm KKR in its US$4.8B acquisition of business and general aviation fixed base operator Atlantic Aviation from Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation
- Selected by U.S. Trade and Development Agency and MRO Aerojet Aviation as the lead advisor for a feasibility study supporting the development of a state-of-the-art aircraft maintenance operation in Ghana
- Served as aviation advisor to multiple secured lender groups in connection with the restructuring of a major aircraft operating lessor
- ?M&A Deal of the Year? award by Airfinance Journal received for Bain Capital?s acquisition and restructuring of Virgin Australia in the prior year, where Alton served as fleet due diligence and restructuring advisor
- Published a series of white papers on El auge de la movilidad aérea avanzada, outlining the anticipated costs and infrastructure needs from industry stakeholders
- Strengthened the ranks of its executive team by: promoting Adam Guthorn to Managing Director in Alton?s New York office; adding Umang Gupta, previously with United Airlines and JetBlue, to lead its airline advisory practice; adding Raffi Kasparian to open Alton?s newest office in Dubai, UAE; and adding Christopher Sherman, previously with Pratt & Whitney, to grow the transaction advisory practice.
Adam Cowburn, Managing Director in Alton?s Hong Kong office, says: ?It is a privilege to support our clients on their most critical decisions as they continue to navigate the challenges of the pandemic and chart their strategies post-pandemic. We?re also looking to the future with the formal establishment of our new Technology and Mobility practice. The new offering builds on our existing work providing key stakeholders in Advanced Air Mobility strategic advice and insight as they drive next generation innovation in aviation technology.?
In 2021, Alton also continued its commitment to the Pledge 1% philanthropic movement, donating 1% of revenue to a range of charitable causes including Orbis 40-day Race4Sight challenge, running, walking and cycling over 1,160km to support the charity in its efforts to treat and prevent avoidable blindness worldwide.
John Mowry, Managing Director in Alton?s New York office, adds: ?As 2022 is expected to show continued signs of recovery across a wider portion of the aviation industry, seasoned expertise from pre-eminent advisors with global perspective will continue to bring significant value to our clients. We?re extremely pleased to have been entrusted on a repeat basis by many and look forward to further expanding our team and offering to provide additional support in the years ahead.?
Acerca de la consultoría de aviación de Alton
Alton Aviation Consultancy es una firma de asesoría global que presta servicios a las industrias aeroespacial y de aviación. La firma fue fundada por ejecutivos veteranos de la industria de la aviación, reconocidos mundialmente por su liderazgo intelectual, análisis cuantitativo y desarrollo de soluciones innovadoras. La firma ofrece una cobertura completa de la cadena de valor con clientes que incluyen aerolíneas, fabricantes, proveedores de servicios de posventa y MRO, arrendadores y la comunidad financiera y de inversión en general.
Con oficinas en Nueva York, Dublín, Dubái, Hong Kong, Pekín, Tokio y Singapur, el diverso equipo de asesores profesionales de Alton aporta una perspectiva global con una profunda experiencia regional en toda la cadena de valor de la aviación a sus compromisos con los clientes. Los compromisos típicos de los clientes incluyen el desarrollo de estrategias y planes comerciales, la mejora del rendimiento operativo, la reestructuración y el soporte de transacciones.