Alton Enters 2021 Well-Positioned for Continued Growth
Amidst the market dislocation, clients have increasingly sought out the expertise of Alton’s professionals who bring decades of experience across multiple industry up- and down-cycles.
Alton saw accelerated demand for strategic, operational, and financial advisory support from the world’s leading airlines, aircraft lessors and lenders, MRO and aftermarket providers – and investors in all these businesses. The firm completed more than 100 engagements over the past twelve months. Selected highlights from 2020 include:
- Alton continued to grow its advisory team, on-boarding seven new team members
- Engaged as the lead fleet planning and restructuring advisor for a major Asia-Pacific airline as it successfully emerged from administration
- Served as the lead airline industry advisor to the unsecured credit committee (UCC) for one of the largest airline bankruptcies in Latin America
- Served as lead strategic advisor to Monocle Acquisition Corporation on its business combination with AerSale
- Served as strategic advisor to a major industrial player on eVTOL product development and urban air mobility strategies
- Published numerous articles and white papers including ‘Covid-19: Implications for the commercial aviation industry’, providing insight and a list of mitigating strategies to help the entire aviation value chain prioritize resources and manage risk
- Celebrated Alton engagement manager Jian Zhu, who became the first female in Asia to earn the International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT) Certified Appraiser credential
Adam Cowburn, co-founder and managing director in Alton’s Hong Kong office, says: “The last year has been the most challenging on record for the aviation industry, and the overhang period from Covid-19 continues into 2021. Yet amid this context, we believe there is still room for optimism. Companies charting a path out of this crisis are proving they can act decisively to recognize the importance of long-term strategic planning. We look forward to furthering our support for clients worldwide as they adapt to the new aviation landscape.”
New hires in 2020 formed a key part of Alton’s global development. In Ireland, managing director Leah Ryan took the lead at Alton’s Dublin office after 19 years in global risk management, bringing a deep understanding of complex jurisdictions and transaction structuring.
John Mowry, managing director in Alton’s New York office, adds: “With six offices across the globe and project work spanning every major geography, we’re extremely pleased with the way our global footprint has evolved since our founding. A global perspective continues to play a fundamental role in strategic planning, and our experienced teams offer extensive local market knowledge across every aviation hub.”
The year ended with Alton reaffirming its commitment to Pledge 1%, three years after becoming the first aviation and aerospace company to join the global philanthropic movement. In 2020, Alton’s donations to Airlink, the rapid-response humanitarian relief organization, directly supported the transport of cargo and aid workers and volunteers to 19 different emergencies worldwide.
For further press information, and interview requests:
T: +44 (0)20 7664 6310
About Alton Aviation Consultancy
Alton Aviation Consultancy is a global advisory firm serving the aviation and aerospace industries. The firm was founded by veteran aviation industry executives, globally recognized for their thought leadership, quantitative analytics, and innovative solution development. The firm offers full value chain coverage with clients including airlines, manufacturers, MRO and aftermarket service providers, lessors and the broader financial and investment community.
With offices in New York, Dublin, Dubai, Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo, and Singapore, Alton’s diverse team of professional advisors bring a global perspective with deep regional expertise across the entire aviation value chain to its client engagements. Typical client engagements include strategy and business plan development, operational performance improvement, restructuring, and transaction support.